WHO’S PLAYING? The Please, Please Me (Austin, TX) and For The Sound (St. Joseph, MO)
WHAT TO EXPECT? Sunday to be the best day of your weekend…
The Please Please Me led by Jessie Torrisi plays sultry pop songs that will break your heart and make you fall back in love all at once. The unique and elaborate drum setup is only accented by Torrisi’s drumming on her log on a few songs. A slick looking cello and female cellist holds the sound together and gives the songs a smooth feel. The hook heavy tunes are pleasing to the ear and leave you in a better mood after hearing them. Listen for songs from their pretty stellar new 5 song EP that was just released. The best track is likely “All Danced Out” while “Dreamin'” has a… well… dreamy quality to it. The poster above was inspired by a pop number from the EP named “She Leaves Notes” that will hopefully crack the setlist again. The centerpiece of every Please, Please Me’s setlist is “Hungry Like Me” that is simple one of the best pop song you will ever hear.
For The Sound is the mellower side of Dsoedean frontman Zale Bledsoe. For The Sound will take on stripped down versions of Dsoedean originals at times but mostly stick to an exclusive group of all original songs. The highlights among these songs are “The Sidecar, The Lighthouse, The Good Dream” and the much newer “Fever.”
WHERE IS IT? The Cafe Acoustic; 2605 Frederick Ave. St. Joseph, MO 64506
WHEN IS IT? Sunday, July 21st, 2013; 8:00pm, 21+
WHY SHOULD I GO?
- It’s FREE
- The Please, Please Me are from out of town
- Torrisi and company bring their good vibes all the way from Texas, you can help them get back home
- You should talk to Jessie Torrisi and her band, they are super nice and very appreciative of their fans
- You may be able to pick up a copy of The Please, Please Me’s new EP Shake A Little Harder
- For The Sound opens up; The project features stripped down Dsoedean songs and delicate originals
- Sundays are happy hour prices all day at Cafe Acoustic
- It’s an early show so you’ll be home in time to watch a little Netflix before bed
- what else are you going to do on a Sunday night?