WHO’S PLAYING? The Yawpers (Denver, CO) and In The Whale (Greeley, CO)
WHAT TO EXPECT? Energy. Lots and lots of energy from two live bands who are known for loose and erratic live shows.
Denver, Colorado’s The Yawpers are one of the more interesting bands touring right now. Their image and live performances may be erratic and eccentric but the band is made up of very refined musicians. With The Yawpers new album “Human Question” they continue to prove they have one of the wider dynamics you’ll hear with any band around as proven by the raucous opener “Child of Mercy” which is completely compensated for by the soul sounding burner “Carry Me.” At times it seems like the wheels are about to fly off and other times they seem more sincere and accessible than you could imagine. The new powerful pop gem “Reasons To Believe” is probably the band’s best composition to date.
The Yawpers sounds like: Howlin’ Wolf, The Replacements and realizing it’s the last day of school.
Another Colorado band, In The Whale bring their intensity east to Kansas City as a noisy two piece band that creates every bit of the sonic footprint of a full band. They can range from mosh pit inducing rockers to driving acoustic numbers, expect far more of the much louder category for their Kansas City set.
In The Whale sounds like: Husker Du, Placebo, losing your sense of direction in a mosh pit
WHERE IS IT? The Record Bar (1520 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO)
WHEN IS IT? Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 7:00 PM, $10, 18+
Here is a link to buy your tickets right NOW.
WHY SHOULD I GO?
- Tickets are $10… you spend more than that on popcorn at the movies
- In The Whale seems like one of those cool underground bands you might only hear about seeing them as an opener
- The Yawpers are releasing their third (an possibly best) record the Friday after
- The Yawpers will probably be playing a lot of that album live
- Live rock shows are a rare freeing thing, you should really indulge
- The Record Bar sells beer… if that’s your thing
- The most sinister of minds love rock shows, so do the least sinister… so what’s your excuse
You should RSVP on facebook to the event so you don’t forget, here is the link: FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE