WHO’S PLAYING? Vandoliers (Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas)
WHAT TO EXPECT? The cutting edge of country music, not the Thomas Rhett crap you hear on the radio but rather the true blood flowing through the veins of America. This band is traveling the country and sleeping on floors for a chance to play their honest, fiery music across The States. Their last show at Knucklehead’s in March was cut short due to singer Joshua Fleming’s illness; now a short couple months later they are back for redemption.
Vandoliers will be the headlining act on the small outdoor stage at the Riot Room in Kansas City. The newly signed Bloodshot Records band is taking their fresh and energetic take on Americana to the road. The six piece band has a tinge of a mariachi sound with their horns and upbeat, bouncy rhythms but don’t think they aren’t in it for keeps, the punk edge of the band has a way of coming out. Their new album “Forever” is a shining example of the group’s versatility. From the great, eye-catching album cover of the upside down railroad tracks to burning songs like “Cigarettes in the Rain” and the sing-along favorite “Sixteen Years” it’s clear Vandoliers are prepared to turn some heads.
WHERE IS IT? The Riot Room’s Outdoor Stage (4048 BROADWAY ST., KANSAS CITY, MO 64111)
WHEN IS IT? Tuesday, June 11th 2019; 7:30 PM, $12
Here is a link to buy your tickets right NOW.
WHY SHOULD I GO?
- Tickets are $12… you’ll spend more than that on beer
- Vandoliers are young and hungry and put on a good show
- The show is OUTSIDE
- Vandoliers light up the stage with a six person band overflowing with energy
- It’s not the weekend so the Westport TSA won’t be in full effect
- It’s going to be a nice night, did you hear it’s outside?
- The Vandoliers need their redemption after their last show was cut short
- The band promised they’d make it up to Kansas City after the short show last time and it only took them 3 months to make it back
You should RSVP on facebook to the event so you don’t forget, here is the link: FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE