WHO’S PLAYING? Lucky Tubb & The Modern Day Troubadours (Austin, TX) The Motors (St. Joseph, MO)
WHAT TO EXPECT? A tip of the hat to old timers…
Lucky Tubb and the Modern Day Troubadours are a national touring band that has already hit St. Joseph three times this year. Tubb is as old school as it gets when it comes to country music. Tracing his lineage from The Texas Troubadour Ernest Tubb, Lucky stays in the same vein with honest lyrics with a wry sense of humor. The Modern Day Troubadours can contain an upright bass, violinist and lead guitar player depending on the tour. The backing band is every bit as old school as Lucky himself. They do a mixture of mostly originals with a few covers with the intention of getting the dancing floor scuffed up.
Lucky Tubb and the Modern Day Troubadours sound like: Hank Williams Sr., The Grand Ole Opry, The music playing in a bar after you had your heart broke
The Motors are a supergroup of sorts that pride themselves on pleasing their audience. Their wide range of influences floods their setlist with a mixture of old country, soul and of course rock and roll. The mixture of covers and originals gives the audience something to listen for that they know and possibly a new song to love. Chief songwriters Tracy Huffman and Sean Cleary are both established tunesmiths and compliment each other nicely by showing their similar yet distinct styles.
The Motors sound like: The Meters, Neil Young (with Crazy Horse), Exile on Heartbreak Hotel
WHERE IS IT? Legends Sports Bar (outdoor deck), 210 N. Belt Hwy, St. Joseph, MO 64506
WHEN IS IT? Friday, July 25th 2014; 9:00, $5
WHY SHOULD I GO?
- Lucky Tubb is a national touring act
- Tubb plays old school country, the kind your dad’s dad listened to
- The Motors are possibly St. Joseph’s most professional band
- If you get lucky The Motors might whip out their killer version of the Stones’ “Bitch”
- Being out around the Belt Highway is better than being deep in midtown at the Hickory
- Legends is better than the Hickory Tavern
- The show will be outside
- It’s going to be a long, hot, crappy week. This would be a great way to unwind
- Come sing away the blues with some old school country fun
You should RSVP on facebook to the event so you don’t forget, here is the link: