WHO’S PLAYING? Wayne “The Train” Hancock (Denton, TX)
WHAT TO EXPECT? The purest of country music and the best western swing that money can pay for…
Wayne “The Train” Hancock like his name would suggest is relentless. He just released his excellent 9th studio album “Slingin’ Rhythm” and in typical Hancock fashion is out on the road promoting it. This album finds him in familiar territory, mixing classic country with a bit of blues and laying on twang so thick it’ll make your soul wear cowboy boots. He sounds bouncy and fresh here at the same time. Songs like “Killed Them Both” spit with anger and vengeance but there are also songs like “Slingin’ Rhythm” and “Two String Boogie” that are oozing with western swing and danceable upon their first notes.
WHERE IS IT? Knucklehead’s Saloon (2715 Rochester, Kansas City MO 64120)
WHEN IS IT? Sunday, February 12th 2017; 8:00 PM (7:00 doors), $15
Here is a link to buy your tickets right NOW.
WHY SHOULD I GO?
- Hancock is a country mainstay, one of only a few people making true, traditional country music.
- If the gal likes to dance… this is the show.
- Western swing is a different breed of country, it has boogie for days.
- It’s in the Midwest, Hancock is king here, he owns the Midwest.
- There is a train that drives about 75 feet from the stage, how cool would it be to see a guy nicknamed “The Train” there…
- Hancock has a 5 piece band now, complete with an awesome pedal steel.
- Don’t like drums? You won’t find any at a Hancock show, his pounding rhythm guitar is all the percussion the songs need.
You should RSVP on facebook to the event so you don’t forget, here is the link: FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE